Board Position -SPEC Treasurer
The Society Promoting Environmental Conservation, (SPEC) is currently looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Directors, starting January 2011.
Founded in 1969, The Society Promoting Environmental Conservation (SPEC) is a non-profit charitable organization that addresses environmental issues in British Columbia, with a particular focus on urban communities in Lower Mainland and the Georgia Basin. Through our public education programs and advocacy work, SPEC works hard to raise public awareness on environmental issues and encourage policies and practices that lead to urban sustainability. We believe that by working together with citizens, government and industry we can reach our goal of creating a truly healthy, livable environment. SPEC is a member-based society with an elected Board of Directors and a dedicated team of staff and volunteers. The Directors, members, staff and volunteers actively participate in SPEC’s on-going environmental projects.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website at www.spec.bc.ca
This role requires a time commitment of 5-7 hours per month to prepare and attend monthly Board meetings, [lees meer…]Elke speler bij Unibet, of nieuwe speler, die graag op videoslots speelt zit de komende weken goed bij Unibet, want de komende vier weken kun jij meespelen tijdens het Slot Master Toernooi bij dit online casino met kans op mooie geldprijzen of die zeer gewilde VIP reis naar Chicago. and bi-monthly Executive meetings. In addition, the Treasurer needs to be able review and respond to emails related to the organizations finances, in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to start as a Treasurer in Jan, 2011. The new Treasurer will initially work together with past Treasurer and staff. The Treasurer must also have an interest in environmental issues and the health of our community. Please note that this is a volunteer position.
Roles and online casino responsibilities
Foremost, the Treasurer is a member of the Board of Directors. The Treasurer’s role is to:
- Liaise with staff and the accountant to oversee and manage finances of the organization.
- Assist SPEC’s four campaign committees in the writing and enforcing of annual budgets.
- Ensure development and Board review of financial policies and procedures.
- Develop quarterly budget projections and report on financial situation to the Board at monthly Board meetings.
- Assist staff and accountant with preparation of budget documents and other finance related documents, i.e. the organization’s annual Charity Information Return.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is preferred but not essential; interest in working in a non-profit environment is essential.
- Commitment to and interest in helping SPEC achieve its mandate to address environmental issues in the Lower Mainland.
- Experience with financial statements including budget projections, balance sheets, income statements, net worth statements, and cash flow statements.
- Experience with writing and reviewing budgets.
Benefits to You
- Learn and gain professional experience in a leadership role
- Grow your personal network by meeting and working with new people in the environment/sustainability domain
- Personal satisfaction of contributing to a non-profit community organization
To apply for this position, Please email email@example.com (along with a resume and cover letter) by Monday January 3rd, 2011.