Hey fellow Sauderites !!!
Heres your Sauder Sports Director Farhaz Kassam. I am an international student from Tanzania trying to pursue my undergrad with a major in International Business and Marketing. Sports and Business are my greatest passions. Having been First and Second Year Sports Rep from 2008-2010, I have now stepped up to spearhead this vibrant sporting community! I will be looking for enthusiastic, active, athletic individuals to help provide Sauder students with sensational sporting and social events in the upcoming academic year. An Intra-Faculty Soccer Tournament, Glow In The Dark Dodgeball, Co-Ed Badminton, Street Hockey are a few events you all should be looking forward to along with all the UBC Rec Intramural competitions that are held throughout the school year. The following positions are available for applicants:
1) Vice Captains (2 Positions Available) – The role of the vice-captains is to basically share responsibility with the Sauder Sports Captain, Farhaz Kassam, in order to ensure well planned events of a different array during the year, smooth running of events, managing the teams for intra-mural competitions, discussing matters with other sports directors from different faculties and attending regular meetings with members from UBC Rec. Qualities required: Basically a couple of bright, well organised individuals who have experience managing a group and have exceptional TEAMING skills.
2) VP Marketing (2 Positions Available) – These two individuals must ensure the Sauder Sports website is regularly updated, have a good idea of sending messages across via networking sites such as facebook, have good communication skills and thus be able to bring out staggering numbers to sporting events organized by Sauder sports. Qualities required: Must be PASSIONATE about sports, have good ICT skills and be able to spread the word to as many people as possible. ICT skills are not mandatory but will be of an advantage to applicants who apply for this position. Artistic skills are a bonus.
3) VP Events (1 Position Available) – Help plan out events and discuss new ideas that could be implemented for the upcoming year with Sauder Sports Director.
4) VP Finance (1 Position Available) – Sort out finances, budgets for the different events and help Vice-captains with reimbursements for UBC rec teams.
5) First Year Representative – (1 Position Available)
6) Second Year Representative – (1 Position Available)
7) Third Year Representative – (1 Position Available)
8) Fourth Year Representative – (1 Position Available)
If you would like to be part of this exciting team, please do not hesitate to send in your resume to the Sauder Sports Director Farhaz Kassam (firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com) LATEST BY THE 24th of September and attach an answer to the following question.
Q) What will YOU bring thats unique to Sauder Sports this year and why should i choose YOU over others !!! (Please do not exceed more than 250 words)