Dear Members of the CUS,
Today marks an exciting day where we officially launch our new CUS website, under our new domain, cus.ca. This is a milestone for the CUS as we are now in a very powerful position in the World Wide Web – we are THE Commerce Undergraduate Society of Canada. In addition to such a milestone, we have developed a new CUS website that features a tremendous number of improvements from the old website. Here are just some of those changes:
- Front Page [http://cus.ca/]: Featured items at the top, along with 3 columns appropriate content, and a grid of upcoming events
- Profiles: Conference, Events, Services, and individual CUS member profiles consists of a logo, website, email address, and all posts written by the user – a convenient way for users to gather all the information from one committee at one spot
- Mega Menu: Improved menu interface allowing many items to be displayed at once, allowing you to navigate the CUS website with ease – especially our list of clubs
- History Timeline [http://cus.ca/about/history/]: This timeline features the CUS’ historic accomplishments and milestones, from 1941 to today
- Meeting Minutes [http://cus.ca/governance/meetings-and-minutes/]: All minutes organized as one file, categorized by month and year
- Social Media [http://cus.ca/socialmedia/]: Social media channels from all of our conferences, events, and services
- Shortcuts to your convenient UBC sites at the top menu
- and more – Be sure to look around!
Not only has the face of the CUS website change, I have also created or revamped several Service Council websites as well:
- Awards Night and Recognition: http://awards.cus.ca/
- Campus AmbaSauder Program: http://cap.cus.ca/
- Centre of Internal Operations: http://internal.cus.ca/
- Chasing Sustainability Conference: http://chasingsustainability.cus.ca/
- Commerce Mentorship Program: http://cmp.cus.ca/
- CUS Sustainability: http://cussustainability.com/
- External Conferences: http://exco.cus.ca/
- Office of the AMS Representative: http://ams.cus.ca/
- President’s Journal: http://president.cus.ca/
- Sauder Sports: http://saudersports.cus.ca/
- Student Discount Card: http://discount.cus.ca/
The Centre of Internal Operations [http://internal.cus.ca/] features a number of new features: a revamped Financial Reimbursement System, new forms for new and current CUS services, and the ease of navigation to resources.
With the introduction of these new websites, I hope you find yourself using it. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck with your studies and cheers for a great upcoming year!
Information Technology Director
Corporate Relations Manager
UBC Commerce Undergraduate Society
Sauder School of Business, The University of British Columbia
445 – 2053 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6T 1Z2
E-mail: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://cus.sauder.ubc.ca/ LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bensonluu