TOP TEN REASONS YOU SHOULD JOIN AN AMS COMMITTEE:
10. You get to meet amazing councillors who also sit on these committees
9. You get to meet amazing executives who must sit on these committees
8. You get to meet the absolutely phenomenal AMS staff that often sit on most of the committees
7. You learn more about how committees work
6. You learn more about your Alma Mater Society and the many ways it provides services to you
5. It’s a great stepping stone if you want to continue on with the AMS or any student organization
4. It’s a great opportunity to actually enact change into the system as many of the reports/recommendation/ operations are done in committees.
3. You can really improve upon your skills and gain valuable experience. You’d be surprised at how transferable these skills can be.
2. You are offered a chance to actually improve your society first hand and engage in relevant on-campus issues, which, in turn, enriches your degree (as with any extra-curricular involvement).
1. And the #1 reason you should join a committee:
Ultimately, you learn more about yourself: what your values are, with whom and how you work best, how to work in a group with people from all sorts of faculties and backgrounds. In the end, it’s all about becoming one step closer to figuring out what kind of person you truly are.
Committees that require students-at-large:
Budget committee (2)
Appointments review committee (2)
Code and policies committee (2)
Fund Raising and sponsorship (2)
Campus Planning and Development (2)
Ad hoc Executive Remuneration Committee (2)
HOW TO APPLY: SHOW UP READY TO SAY WHY YOU WANT TO BE ON THE COMMITTEE ON MAY 6TH AT THE COUNCIL MEETING
E-MAIL email@example.com with your name, student number and a short paragraph stating why you want to be on the committee (s).
*Not looking to join a committee just yet? Join the mailing list instead! Just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org