There are so many opportunities to get involved on campus, so why be part of the CUS? Exploration and Discovery: CUS is one of the largest business school organizations in Canada and operates 23 Services and 13 Clubs. Whether you are interested in conferences, competitions or social events, the CUS has opportunities at all levels of involvement to help you discover your passion and interests. Camaraderie and Mentorship: CUS is run and operated by business students, like yourself! We’ve either been through what you have or are currently on the same boat with you. This is a great space to meet new friends, find others who share similar interest and goals and get some advice. Continuous Learning and Development: The best learning sometimes happens outside of the classroom. CUS offers training for student leaders so you will get to learn more about yourself, others, your campus and life in general. You will also build a foundation of transferable skills and capability which will be proven useful when you venture out in the real world. Direct Impact on Sauder Community: By leading or supporting events, you have a direct impact on students and can enhance the BCom student experience, whether it’s helping them cope with homesickness or smoothing the university transition process. You have the opportunity to build a sense of community and belonging for your fellow peers. It’s Rewarding and Fun! CUS recognizes hard work and celebrates excellence! There are many fun events throughout the year exclusively for CUS student leaders including Retreat, Awards Gala, and other holiday festivities and events.
- Involvement opportunities will be posted on the CUS website for a minimum of 7 days. A few other popular channels include CUSunday, Facebook and Events Calendar on the Sauder 2nd floor.
- Typically, CUS positions require you to submit a resume and cover letter.
- Shortly after the deadline, you will be contacted about whether you have been shortlisted for an interview.
- A member from CUS HR Commission will be present throughout the entire recruitment process to ensure hiring is conducted fairly.
- All candidates will be notified of their application status within 72 hours of the last interview for each role.
Here are a few links to useful resources that can equip you with the skills and knowledge to succeed in the interview process:
- Resume Tips
- Cover Letter Tips
- Interview Tips
- Book a Coaching Appointment through BCC via COOL.
- For more career-related events and workshops, click here.