CUS Elections 2011 are finally here!! There are 13 positions to be filled up – this is a great chance for YOU to get involved in the strategic planning for the CUS.
Purpose of CUS and CUS Board of Directors:
Our mission is to enable student success at the Sauder School of Business in professional, social and academic lives.
The Board of Directors is the highest decision making body in the Commerce Undergraduate Society that sets a strategic plan, passes the budget, makes sponsorship decisions, ensures value creation for Sauder students and hires the Executive Council.
Why CUS Board of Directors?
- Develop your leadership and team work skills
- Refine your decision making abilities and art of persuasion
- Learn from your peers, so to learn more about yourself
- Give back to the Sauder community with your knowledge and talent
- HAVE FUN and meet great people!
Elected Positions Available:
- 3 Second Year Reps** – represents interests of 2nd Year Students on the CUS Board of Directors and its committees – time commitment: 3 hours/week
- 3 Third Year Reps** – represents interests of 3rd Year Students on the CUS Board of Directors and its committees – time commitment: 3 hours/week
- 3 Fourth Year Reps** – represents interests of 4th Year Students on the CUS Board of Directors and its committees – time commitment: 3 hours/week
- 1 Ombudsperson – promotes equity in the society and acts as an impartial person on Executive Council and Board of Directors to ensure fair decision making process – time commitment: 15 hours/week
- 1 AMS Rep – represents the Commerce Undergraduate Society at the AMS Council, is actively involved with AMS and it”s committees – time commitment: 5 hours/week
- 1 Senator – represents the Commerce Undergraduate Society and Sauder student interests at the UBC Senate, creates positive relations with online casino UBC Administration – time commitment: 5 hours/week
- 1 President – leads the society, represents BCom students to Sauder administration, acts as a spokesperson of CUS, sits on the Board of Directors and spearheads Executive Council actions – time commitment: 40 hours/week
** Number of positions available for year representatives are subject to constitutional changes. (May change to 2 if referendum passes)
If you wish to become a candidate, and a representative of the Commerce Undergraduate Society, please note the Nomination Deadline is coming up next Monday, Jan 24th 2011 by 6pm @ Location: Dlam 142 (Dlam Amphitheatre) (you will need a nomination sheet with 20 signatures, signed copy of elections agreement, 150 word write up and a picture)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please check CUS Elections Web Page for more details on nomination procedures. Contact Jenny Zhou, Elections Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.