Citi International Case Competition invites third and fourth year students to join them in Hong Kong!
Each year, the Sauder School participates in a number of case competitions around the world. This message relates to an international competition taking place in Term 1. Another call for participation will be sent later in the fall for competitions in Term 2.
Professor Kin Lo and alumnus Ben Cappellacci invite you to apply to represent the Sauder School of Business at the 2013 Citi International Case Competition (CICC) in Hong Kong, October 27 to November 1, 2013.
Hosted by the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, this competition attracts 18 business schools from around the world to analyze an interdisciplinary business problem for a company based in Hong Kong. Each team of four will have a 24-hour preparation period, followed by a presentation to a panel of judges consisting of prominent industry and academic professionals.
– Enrolled full-time, minimum 9 credits at the time of the competition and in good academic standing
– Currently enrolled in third or fourth year of the BCom program
– Under 25 years of age
– Available and committed to spend 60 hours on training (6 case sessions): Previous case experience or applicable experience is an asset
– Available to travel to Hong Kong for the competition from October 27th to November 1st, 2013
CICC participants will receive subsidies covering up to two-thirds of reasonable travel costs and accommodations from the Dean’s Office and the CUS.
Each application must include the following three items:
– A five slide presentation deck explaining why you want to participate, your experiences and the specific areas of expertise you provide (e.g., strategic management, financial analysis, human resources, HR management, financial management, financial modeling, marketing strategy, market research, operations and logistics, international business, etc.)
– Transcript (unofficial copies acceptable; course names must be provided in addition to course numbers)
Please submit all three elements of your individual application by email to Ben Cappellacci, CICC@bencappellacci.com, by the deadline of noon on Wednesday, September 11th. The application should be in a single PDF attachment if possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to coordinate interviews which will be held the evening of Thursday, September 12th from 6:00pm onwards on campus.