October 10th 2015 BOARD MEETING RECAP
The fifth CUS Board Meeting was held on Saturday October 10th at 10:00am, during the 4-hour meeting:
- The National Investment Banking Competition & Conference (NIBC) committee presented to the Board
- The Social Enterprise Conference Committee presented to the Board
- Discussed the overview of the Performance Review Procedure
- Presented the Wireframes of the new CUS Website
- Board and executive updates
- Committee Reports
National Investment Banking Competition & Conference (NIBC) Presentation
- Overview: NIBC consists of an international case competition and conference that gives Undergraduate and Graduate students an interactive experience and overview of investment banking and the capital markets.
- Requested $50,000 in funding for the 2016 year, an extra of $10,000 from last year.
- CUS Decision: Move the discussion for funding of NIBC to next meeting when we receive a clarification of the budget as well as the contract with Pan Pacific Hotel.
See the presentation at the 1:58 minute mark.
See the Board’s discussion process at the 2:49:11 minute mark.
Social Enterprise Conference Presentation
- Overview: The SEC aims to challenge the way students think about addressing the issues that our society faces and has been a pioneer for social change on campus.
- Requested $15,000 in funding for the 2016 year to cover the cost of speakers.
- CUS Decision: Fund the Social Enterprise Conference committee the $15,000 they have requested.
See the presentation at the 37:00 minute mark.
See the Board’s discussion process at the 3:35:45 minute mark.
Performance Review Procedure
- An internal performance review process aimed to assess the contribution of the Board members as well as the execution of their goals.
To understand the review process please see the presentation at the 1:18:30 minute mark.
Wireframe of the new CUS Website
- A new website is in the progress of being built and will be launched in January 2016.
Sneak peak of the wireframe of the website at the 1:30:30 minute mark.
Board and executive Update:
- Commerce Student Senator Report: 1:53:45 minute mark
- Ombuds Report: 1:55:50 minute mark
- President update at: 1:56:56 minute mark
- VP External Affairs update at: 2:09:00 minute mark
- VP Finance update at: 2:12:09 minute mark
- VP Internal Affairs update at: 2:13:47 minute mark
- VP Marketing update at: 2:29:43 minute mark
- VP Student Engagement update at: 2:32:29 minute mark
- VP Academic Affairs update at: 2:42:56 minute mark
Committee Reports at: 2:47:38 minute mark
See the live stream of the event here.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlhWYNoJR90[/youtube]